Whether it's working, volunteering, or just being a part of the conversation... Join us!
Community Development Worker
Are you passionate about women’s equity in Bristol? Do you want to engage diverse communities of women in equalities issues?
Bristol Women’s Voice are recruiting for a part time Community Development Worker to join our dedicated team. We particularly encourage women from Black and minoritised and less well-off backgrounds. We offer very flexible working conditions and some carer allowance.
Hours: 15-18.75 hours a week which can be worked flexibly. Occasional out of hours required, e.g. for International Women’s Day which is held on a Saturday close to the 8th March each year.
Salary: £25,000 pro rata.
Length of contract: until 31st December 2025
Holiday: 22 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays, increasing yearly to a maximum of 27, plus one discretionary wellbeing day.
Key objectives of the role:
• To engage and connect diverse communities of women across Bristol with one another, with Bristol Women’s Voice, our campaign and other community-based social action projects women chose to develop.
• To continue the development of Bristol Women’s Voice’s virtual women’s community hub providing information, signposting, and capacity building for women and community spaces around the city.
Send us your CV and a 500-word (max) statement, or a short video clip (on your phone is fine), telling us:
- why you are applying for the role;
- a little bit about your experience, and
- how you meet the essential criteria
- complete an equalities monitoring form.
Please also include details of two people who can provide a reference for you. Please also fill in this equalities monitoring form. You should send your application to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 21st December 2023 and we intend to hold interviews during the first week of January 2024.
If you’d like to arrange an informal chat about the role before applying, you can Katy Taylor, BWV Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Bristol Women’s Voice is recruiting for a new Treasurer. Could that be you?
We are recruiting for a Treasurer. You can find the role description for the Treasurer role here.
We are looking for a woman passionate about gender equity with a background in finance to support the board of trustees to have overarching financial responsibility for the organisation.
In addition, as a Trustee, you will:
- Oversee the direction, performance and governance of the charity, including through participating in an annual strategic planning day
- Play an active role in supporting the charity’s work through involvement with others in your area of expertise attending events e.g. International Women’s Day event;
- Provide advice and guidance and supporting ad hoc pieces of work
- Induction and training will be provided and new trustees will have the opportunity to buddy with a more experienced trustee to support confidence and development.
Women’s Session Assistant Volunteers for our Small Acts – Women Creating Change activities
We will be working with women from diverse backgrounds, and diverse women lead community groups and occasionally pop-up stalls. These sessions will invite women to join and engage in sisterhood, conversation, and easy and accessible crafts as part of a bigger change-making campaign. Sessions will take cross-city wide and usually last 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Supporting set up e.g. putting out tea/coffee, cookies, printouts, laying out craft material
- Welcoming women at the beginning of the sessions
- Offering women coffee/tea
- Engaging women in the craft making
- Support the session lead to facilitate conversations
- Supporting women to fill in the session evaluation form
- Packing up
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity to meet other women from diverse backgrounds
- Taking part in simple crafting and art making
- Being part of the Bristol Women’s Voice movement building
- Being part of the change
- Your engagement could range from volunteering at weekly sessions or only once a month, depending on your availability. We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of three hours a month.
- Volunteers need to attend a volunteer induction before being able to come to sessions as a volunteer. All travel and other out-of-pocket expenses will be paid and training opportunities are available.
Contact: Troy at VTcoordinator@bristolwomensvoice.org.uk
International Women’s Day – help make our flagship annual event happen!
Every year, on the Saturday closest to IWD in March, we organise an enormous event in central Bristol, celebrating everything wonderful about the women of our city. This is a mammoth project and requires an enormous amount of volunteers to help make the day happen. Roles range from stewarding and helping to set up rooms, to taking photos or even helping to organise some of the sessions. We recruit most of our roles closer to the time, but If you’re interested or have experience in project or event management- we’d love to hear from you.
To find out more, contact Troy: VTCoordinator@bristolwomensvoice.org.uk
Why Get Involved
The work Bristol Women’s Voice does cannot be achieved without the support, experience, time and commitment given by our brilliant volunteers. We ensure the time you spend with us is an enjoyable experience, and we support you to learn new skills that will help you in your future work and life.
Bristol Women’s Voice has a number of projects that offer a variety of rewarding volunteering opportunities and we would love you to work with us.
Bristol Women’s voice is committed to:
- Providing you with an induction, training and support throughout your volunteer experience.
- Providing a named person who will be your point of contact, who will discuss your volunteering, any achievements and issues arising on a regular basis.
- Being flexible in relation to your volunteering hours
- Reimbursing agreed out-of-pocket expenses following procedures set out in our Expenses Policy.
- Ensuring that all volunteers are treated fairly and in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Trying to resolve fairly any issues or difficulties you may have whilst you volunteer with us.
As a Volunteer you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of these areas:
- Admin support
- Producing you tube videos for campaigns
- Fund raisers
- Helping with event administration
- Social media and emails.
- Updating & analysing social media & website traffic
- Blog writer
- Researching information for projects & events
- Planning events & meetings
- Admin Office Support
- Coms & Social media assistants
- Graphic Designers
- Community Engagement Volunteers
- Peer Support Buddies
- International Women Day 2018
- Events Reporters
You can read what our volunteers say about their experience with BWV below.
If you would like any further information on any of the opportunities mentioned, please email email@example.com