Whether it's working, volunteering, or just being a part of the conversation... Join us!
Bristol Women’s Voice is looking for an Operations Manager to help ensure our organisation keeps delivering for women in Bristol.
This is an exciting and challenging time for Bristol Women’ Voice, as we look to build on our work and extend our reach to ensure the inclusion and representation of marginalised women in the City.
You will have experience of managing day-to-day organisational operations, ideally in the charity sector, and will be skilled at people management, developing ideas and collaborative working. You will have a strong understanding of charity policies and procedures, working to outcomes, funding withing the charitable sector. By no means least, you will be passionate about the work of Bristol Women’s Voice, feminism, intersectionality and improving women’s lives.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled women and from Black and minoritized women.
Download the job description and person specification here.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter telling us how you meet our criteria to Katy Taylor email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 11th December.
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 17th December.
Why Get Involved
The work Bristol Women’s Voice does, cannot be achieved without the support, experience, time and commitment given by our volunteers, and we greatly appreciate all you do. We ensure that the time you spend with us is an enjoyable experience, and we support you to learn new skills that will help you in your future work and life.
Bristol Women’s Voice has a number of projects that offer a variety of rewarding volunteering opportunities and we would love you to work with us.
Bristol Women’s voice is committed to:
- Providing you with an induction, training and support throughout your volunteer experience.
- Providing a named person who will be your point of contact, who will discuss your volunteering, any achievements and issues arising on a regular basis.
- Being flexible in relation to your volunteering hours
- Reimbursing agreed out-of-pocket expenses following procedures set out in our Expenses Policy.
- Ensuring that all volunteers are treated fairly and in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Trying to resolve fairly any issues or difficulties you may have whilst you volunteer with us.
As a Volunteer you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of these areas:
- Admin support
- Producing you tube videos for campaigns
- Fund raisers
- Helping with event administration
- Social media and emails.
- Updating & analysing social media & website traffic
- Blog writer
- Researching information for projects & events
- Planning events & meetings
- Admin Office Support
- Coms & Social media assistants
- Graphic Designers
- Community Engagement Volunteers
- Peer Support Buddies
- International Women Day 2018
- Events Reporters
You can read what our volunteers say about their experience with BWV below.