Whether it's working, volunteering, or just being a part of the conversation... Join us!
We are recruiting for a part time Community Organiser to support women across Bristol to campaign for change.
Following on from our City Listening Project, the role will be responsible for bringing together women’s action groups to work together for self-identified goals that will support women’s equality across Bristol.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of decision making and influencing and will be adept at building relationships and campaigns to bring about change.
Email Katy to arrange an information chat about the role, and/or apply with your CV and a (max. 2 page) cover letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5pm Friday 19th November.
Bubble Leaders and participants – Covid Keep in Touch project
We are looking for Volunteers to help us connect women across the city.
‘Bubble Leaders’ will set up and administer WhatsApp (or similar) contact bubbles of between three to 12 women.
Bubble Leaders will need to come to a two-hour online training session with Bristol Women’s Voice and monthly check in meetings. We will also be in regular contact to offer support throughout the project period. Bubble Leaders will need to be able to commit to between one and three hours as week.
We also invite women to contact us if they feel they would benefit from being part of a bubble, accessing peer support and resources tailored to their needs.
Why Get Involved
The work Bristol Women’s Voice does, cannot be achieved without the support, experience, time and commitment given by our volunteers, and we greatly appreciate all you do. We ensure that the time you spend with us is an enjoyable experience, and we support you to learn new skills that will help you in your future work and life.
Bristol Women’s Voice has a number of projects that offer a variety of rewarding volunteering opportunities and we would love you to work with us.
Bristol Women’s voice is committed to:
- Providing you with an induction, training and support throughout your volunteer experience.
- Providing a named person who will be your point of contact, who will discuss your volunteering, any achievements and issues arising on a regular basis.
- Being flexible in relation to your volunteering hours
- Reimbursing agreed out-of-pocket expenses following procedures set out in our Expenses Policy.
- Ensuring that all volunteers are treated fairly and in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Trying to resolve fairly any issues or difficulties you may have whilst you volunteer with us.
As a Volunteer you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of these areas:
- Admin support
- Producing you tube videos for campaigns
- Fund raisers
- Helping with event administration
- Social media and emails.
- Updating & analysing social media & website traffic
- Blog writer
- Researching information for projects & events
- Planning events & meetings
- Admin Office Support
- Coms & Social media assistants
- Graphic Designers
- Community Engagement Volunteers
- Peer Support Buddies
- International Women Day 2018
- Events Reporters
You can read what our volunteers say about their experience with BWV below.