Whether it's working, volunteering, or just being a part of the conversation... Join us!
Bristol Women’s Voice is recruiting for a new Treasurer.
Could that be you?
You can find the role description for the Treasurer role here.
We are looking for a woman passionate about gender equity with a background in finance to support the board of trustees to have overarching financial responsibility for the organisation.
In addition, as a Trustee, you will:
- Oversee the direction, performance and governance of the charity, including through participating in an annual strategic planning day
- Play an active role in supporting the charity’s work through involvement with others in your area of expertise attending events e.g. International Women’s Day event;
- Provide advice and guidance and supporting ad hoc pieces of work
- Induction and training will be provided and new trustees will have the opportunity to buddy with a more experienced trustee to support confidence and development.
For more information, click here.
International Women’s Day Volunteers
Help make our flagship annual event happen!
Every year, on the Saturday closest to International Women’s Day in March, we organise an enormous event in central Bristol, celebrating everything wonderful about the women of our city.
This is a mammoth project and requires an enormous amount of volunteers to help make the day happen.
Roles range from:
- helping to set up rooms;
- taking photos;
- helping to organise some of the sessions
- and many other possibilities
We recruit most of our roles closer to the time, but If you’re interested or have experience in project or event management- we’d love to hear from you.
To find out more, contact Troy: VTCoordinator@bristolwomensvoice.org.uk
Women’s Session Assistant Volunteers, Small Acts – Women Creating Change activities
We are working with women from diverse backgrounds, and diverse women lead community groups and occasionally pop-up stalls.
These sessions will invite women to join and engage in sisterhood, conversation, and easy and accessible crafts as part of a bigger change-making campaign.
Sessions will take cross-city wide and usually last 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Supporting set up e.g. putting out tea/coffee, cookies, printouts, laying out craft material
- Welcoming women at the beginning of the sessions
- Offering women coffee/tea
- Engaging women in the craft making
- Support the session lead to facilitate conversations
- Supporting women to fill in the session evaluation form
- Packing up
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity to meet other women from diverse backgrounds
- Taking part in simple crafting and art making
- Being part of the Bristol Women’s Voice movement building
- Being part of the change
Your engagement could range from volunteering at weekly sessions or only once a month, depending on your availability. We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of three hours a month.
Volunteers need to attend a volunteer induction before being able to come to sessions as a volunteer. All travel and other out-of-pocket expenses will be paid and training opportunities are available.
Contact: Troy at VTcoordinator@bristolwomensvoice.org.uk
Why Get Involved
The work Bristol Women’s Voice does cannot be achieved without the support, experience, time and commitment given by our brilliant volunteers. We ensure the time you spend with us is an enjoyable experience, and we support you to learn new skills that will help you in your future work and life.
Bristol Women’s Voice has a number of projects that offer a variety of rewarding volunteering opportunities and we would love you to work with us.
Bristol Women’s voice is committed to:
- Providing you with an induction, training and support throughout your volunteer experience.
- Providing a named person who will be your point of contact, who will discuss your volunteering, any achievements and issues arising on a regular basis.
- Being flexible in relation to your volunteering hours
- Reimbursing agreed out-of-pocket expenses following procedures set out in our Expenses Policy.
- Ensuring that all volunteers are treated fairly and in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Trying to resolve fairly any issues or difficulties you may have whilst you volunteer with us.
As a Volunteer you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of these areas:
- Admin support
- Producing you tube videos for campaigns
- Fund raisers
- Helping with event administration
- Social media and emails.
- Updating & analysing social media & website traffic
- Blog writer
- Researching information for projects & events
- Planning events & meetings
- Admin Office Support
- Coms & Social media assistants
- Graphic Designers
- Community Engagement Volunteers
- Peer Support Buddies
- International Women Day 2018
- Events Reporters
You can read what our volunteers say about their experience with BWV below.
If you would like any further information on any of the opportunities mentioned, please email firstname.lastname@example.org