External Social Media Policy
Bristol Women’s Voice External Social Media Policy
BWV promotes and publicises campaigns and events that advance the equality of women. We use social media channels to communicate and inform women about organisations that provide support, advice and help women set up their own support networks.
While this digital interaction brings huge benefits, it also comes with certain risks and responsibilities. As a result, we have developed a Social Media policy to ensure your interactions are safe, positive, and truly representative of our organization.
Contacting us on social media
We will always try to help with queries received via our social media channels, but we may not be able to formally act on or respond to all of them. In these cases, we will provide general information or we will direct you to the appropriate online self-help service on the website. This will ensure that the correct department receives your comment or complaint and can act on it accordingly. If you contact us we will try to reply as soon as possible!
Most social networks and blogs have their own official rules and guidelines, which we will always follow. Additionally, we reserve the right to remove or report any online comments that break the following guidelines:
• No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour
• No personal attacks or offensive comments
• No incitement of hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality
or any other personal characteristic
• No unlawful or objectionable content
• No spamming or unauthorised promotion of websites or services
• No impersonation
• Do not publicise your, or anyone else’s, contact details or other personal
In order to provide a safe and inviting place for other users to engage with our services, we may mute or block users who continue to make comments that go against our guidelines.
Any comments that breach the rules of the social media platforms we use will be reported by us to the relevant company who may take action against the user.
Our interactions on social media
The following guidelines apply across our main channels:
• If you follow or subscribe to one of our social media accounts, we will not
automatically do the same back.
• We do not endorse any individual or organisation merely by virtue of creating a social media connection with them (e.g. following on Twitter or liking on Facebook).
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time and remove comments older than six months.
We read every comment and respond wherever we can. We endeavour to answer your questions where possible, but if you require an official response you should contact Us by post or email.
Bristol Women’s Voice Team
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com